CADET CORRESPONDENT TRAINING YEAR 2021-2022
References: A. 2020-2025 Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers Communications Strategy
- Cadets qualified as cadet correspondents conduct and support communications activities at the CC/Sqn, RDA, NDA, and Cadet Training Centres.
- Cadets qualified as cadet correspondents tell the story of the CC/Sqn by managing social media, creating content, and drafting products for the approval of the CC/Sqn CO.
The training will be self-paced and virtual over a 10-week time period. An instructor will be available to support participants and assess submitted homework. Both serials will be hosted in a virtual platform, the chosen platform will be identified in the Joining Instructions.
- Cadet Participant Details
- Participants must:
1) Hold the minimum rank of SGT;
2) Be in Level 3 or higher;
3) Have an interest in writing and the production of imagery and video;
4) Have, or have regular access to, a computer/laptop/tablet, camera or smartphone, and internet access; and
5) Have a high level of autonomy and self-motivation.
1) Class 1 from 4 Oct to 10 Dec 21 with a registration deadline of 4 Oct 21; and
2) Class 2 from 7 Feb to 15 Apr 22 with a registration deadline of 7 Feb 22.
6) Have, or have regular access to, a computer/laptop/tablet and internet access; and
7) Be available at least one evening a week throughout their assigned serial.