Monday 1 March 2021- Effective Speaking- will be completed via Zoom not in person
If interested, please send an email that includes your name and the topic.
Zones (our area) is TBD
Provincial is Saturday 24 April at 1300
Nations is Saturday 5, 2021
Here are the topics for 2021:
- How should we remember and honour the sacrifices made by those who serve our nation?
- What are the greatest challenges facing the aviation industry today?
- Describe an historical event and what it meant to Canada.
- Describe a Canadian hero and the impact they made or are making on our society.
- What does bravery mean to you?
- What have you learned from the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What does diversity mean to you?
- What can you do to be a good environmental steward?
- Cadet Choice: Science & Technology, Aviation, Canadian History, Citizenship
More information can be found here: https://aircadetleague.com/effective-speaking-program/
Effective/Competitive Speaking Program- online program to assit in your prepareations.
- Pamphlet attached
I wanted to provide you all with an update on the Effective Speaking Program that was developed in conjunction with the Air Cadet League of Canada. CJCR has recently announced that the “Competitive Speaking Program” Virtual Program Online Guide (VPOG) is now available on the national training portal located as follows:
- Note that the link may first take you to the CCO portal where you will have to select “Continue to Extranet Login” which will then take you to the File Repository. Once there, follow steps below:
File Repository ð Leader Activities tab ð Access the Virtual Training Resources link ð Competitive Speaking folder
- IAW the attached VPOG – Competitive Speaking doc, the aim of the Competitive Speaking Program “is to provide cadets who wish to participate in the Air Cadet League of Canada National Effective Speaking competition, an opportunity to prepare for competitive speaking through local instruction and practice”. The program’s objective is to improve verbal communication skills, culminating with optional participation in a series of Effective Speaking Competitions that will be administered by the Air Cadet League.
- Although the program was designed to be flexible in its delivery and cadets could navigate through it on a self-directed basis, it is recommended that it be run under the guidance of a local coach/staff member. Should cadets wish to go through the program on their own, it is recommended that some guidance is provided to them by adult staff should the cadet have any questions.
- To be clear, this program is not a replacement for how this year’s Effective Speaking Competitions will be run, but rather a useful tool to assist corps/squadrons help their cadets prepare for these competitions. Note that while this program is available to all 3 elements, at this time, the competitions currently organized by the Air Cadet League of Canada will only be for Air Cadet Competitors.