How are cadets selected?
- Cadets submit their list of choices to the squadron staff
- Squadron staff must then create applications in Fortress (the digital database used to manage cadet's files)
- The Squadron CO reviews each cadet application and prioritizes them based on merit and level of participation in squadron activities and other factors
- Applications are then submitted to RCSU for selection
- RCSU will select/course load cadets based on the applications received from the squadron. Understand that there are limited positions available for all courses so an application does not guarantee selection
- Cadets and parents need to be aware that medical / participation limitations (including allergies and asthma) may prevent or limit selection for CTC courses
- Incomplete personal or medical information in Fortress can also prevent or delay selection
- Not all cadets will get the opportunity to attend summer training.