The Royal Canadian Air Cadets offers a dynamic and engaging program for youth ages 12 to 18. Activities include:
- Learning about aviation
and many more rewarding once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for youth. For more information on all the extra activities offered at our squadron, view our Optional Training page.
Cadets are encouraged to improve their physical fitness, to work harder at their academic studies, and to give back to their communities through volunteering and citizenship activities.
The Cadet Program also has a direct impact on Canadian society as a whole. Cadets have the opportunity to take part in various leadership roles throughout the program. There is definite value in having well-rounded, community-minded, experienced young people who are ready to assume their places as tomorrow’s leaders and decision makers.
Are you interested in joining Canada's best youth organization?
How does it work?
The cadet program consists of training conducted once per week for approximately 1-3 hours from September to June. Occasionally throughout the year there are additional training opportunities consisting of weekend day activities and / or overnight training. Throughout the summer (June - August) a select number of cadets from around the country are invited to participate in Summer Training where the cadets go to various Summer Training Centres across the country for periods ranging from two weeks to seven weeks depending on the course.
If you are not located in Regina or the surrounding area, please check the "Find a cadet corps or squadron" tool for a local unit near you.
How much does it cost?
- No fees or dues
- Parents/guardians and cadets are expected to participate in fundraising and other activities (a few during the year)
- Uniforms are provided
- Occasionally there may be charges for special activities outside of the regular training program
Who Can Join?
Any Canadian citizen or lawful resident who:
- Is interested in the Air Cadet Program
- Is between the ages of 12 and 18
- Has permission from their parent(s) / guardian(s)
- Can provide proof of age (passport, birth certificate, etc); and
- Can provide proof of medical insurance (private or provincial)
is eligible to join the Air Cadet Program.
How do I join?
Go to https://registration.cadets.gc.ca/get-started.html?unitId=252 and fill out the registration form (note, this may take a few seconds to load, so please be patient). Once you've filled out the form you should be able to show up on the next training night and complete your registration by coming to the office. If you'd like, you can also fill out the paper copy of the form and send it (along with the following information) to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it in on the next training night.
- Fully completed and signed application form (any missing fields will cause delays in the application process)
- Proof of date of birth (birth certificate, passport, provincial ID, etc)
- Proof of medical insurance (If provincial a copy of the health card, if private then a document showing the number and expiry date as well as confirmation that the cadet is covered under the provided policy).