Just like any other non profit organization, volunteers are need to make it work. As a parent of a cadet you are automatically a member of the Squadron Sponsoring Committee. The committee meets the first Monday of each month at the Armouries in the Officers Mess. Please come out and join in the activities behind the scenes.
The Air Cadet program is free for the basic training, as DND (Department of National Defense) pays for the following:
- Summer Training and Travel
- Officer Wages
- Basic Training and supplies
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee looks after the extra expenses such as:
- Office supplies such as: paper, telecommunication- data & landline phone, office equipment- printer, computers,
- Saskadet- meals, extra supplies such as rockets
- Easter Trip
Why we Fundraise?
We fundraise to add to the basic training course to give the cadets a bit extra fun to their training. We also supplement their meals at Saskadet so they are not eating MREs all weekend long.
How much do we need to Fundraise?
In our squadron, we need to fundraise approximately $20K to pay for all the extras we provide for the cadets and officers in a training year.
How do we Fundraise?
We offer many different options throughout the cadet year (September to May) to try to engage all people’s interest. We are looking for more options that may entice the different interests of cadets and families.
We do collect donations or corporate sponsorships to assist in our funding. Tax receipts are available upon request.
- All Air Cadet League of Canada forms (including new member screening forms)
- #34 SSC Sponsorship / Reimbursement-Form.docx